- Openness. We follow a
general policy of openness regarding our privacy practices. This
the collection, maintenance, use and disclosure of personal
information regarding visitors who use this Site.
features or as laws change that may affect our services. If we make
date (year and month) the Policy was last revised, so that you will
- Collection of Personal Information. Except as disclosed in this Policy or as disclosed on other pages in this site where information may be collected, we do not collect personal information about visitors to this Site.
- Web logs. We maintain standard Web logs that record data about all visitors who use this Site. These logs may contain:
- The Internet domain from which you access this Site (e.g., aol.com, abc.org);
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. Your computer is automatically assigned a number which acts as its IP address when you surf the Internet. Your IP address is either static (always stays the same) or dynamic (changes from time to time). A static IP address may be identifiable to you, while a dynamic address is usually not identifiable.
- The type of browser and operating system you use.
- The date and time you visited the Site.
- The pages that you saw on this Site.
- The address of the Web site you linked here from.
- The amount of time you spent on the Site.
- We use Web log
information to help us design our Site, to identify popular features,
and to make the Site more useful for visitors. Web logs are recorded
in sequential files, and we do not normally try to identify
individuals from Web logs or use Web logs to gather information about
individuals. However, we may use Web logs to identify any person
attempting to break into or damage our Site, and we may share Web log
information with law enforcement agencies if we believe that we have
evidence of a violation of computer security or related laws.
- Internet Cookies. We
may place Internet cookies on visitors computer hard drives.
Internet cookies save data about individuals, such as their name,
user-name and the pages they visit on our Site. When a visitor with
one of our cookies on his or her computer revisits our Site, we are
able to recognize that computer and tailor our Site to be more helpful
and efficient for that visitor. Also, cookies help us to provide
streamlined services, and to document our transactions with visitors
to this Site. You may have software on your computer that will allow
you to decline or deactivate Internet cookies, but if you do so, some
features of this Site may not work properly for you.
- Visitor /Customer Requests for Information. If you ask a question or make a request through this Web site, we may store your message and our response for awhile. We may also use this information, and any information you give to us in response to a survey on the Site, to send you information about health-related newsletters, promotional events and upcoming programs that we think you might be interested in; notices of enhancements to our services; additional surveys; and to send you an e-mail version of our physician contact information.
- Access, Correction, Deletion and Data Integrity.
Requests to access, correct or delete personal information may be
submitted using our contact information. Please note that we do not
consider Web log information to be personal information. Also, we may
not be able to delete or revise information about you that we have
relied upon to provide services to you, or that we are legally
required to maintain.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information. We do not sell or rent personal information about visitors to this Site. We do not use or disclose personal information obtained through this Site except as expressly described in this Policy. No patient identifying information will be shared or transmitted on this Site.
- Uses. We use information obtained from web logs, cookies and visitor requests for the purposes described in this Policy. We also use personal information obtained from this Site to respond to requests, improve our services, demonstrate the quality of our services to our auditors and government agencies that have authority over us, and for the additional purposes described below.
- Disclosures. We may
disclose personal information to any person performing audit, legal,
operational or other services for us. Whenever possible, we will
require any recipient of personal information for these purposes to
agree in writing to use the information only for the purpose for
which it was disclosed and to destroy or return it when no longer needed
for that purpose. We may disclose personal information when required
to do so by a subpoena, court order, or search warrant. Except when
deemed by us to be infeasible, we will notify the individual of a
subpoena, court order or search warrant for the individual
information, by e-mail using the e-mail address (if any) that the
individual provided to us.
We may disclose personal information as we deem appropriate to protect the safety of an individual or for an investigation related to public safety or to report an activity that appears to be in violation of law.
We may disclose personal information to protect the security and reliability of this Web site, and to take precautions against liability.
We may disclose personal information to any successor in interest (any company or organization that purchases or otherwise takes over our assets).
- Public Forums. From time
to time this Site may contain message boards and/or news groups
("Forums"). Please remember that any information disclosed in these
areas becomes publicly available. You should exercise caution when
deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas. We do
not maintain or routinely monitor information posted on any message
board or news group on our Site; however, we reserve the right to remove
any postings that we deem inappropriate.
- Security. We protect the
personal information we have collected from this Site by using
industry standard security precautions against loss and unauthorized
access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of that
information.We comply with the security safeguards detailed in our
computer security policies and procedures, and routinely monitor that
compliance. When credit card or other financial information is
transmitted over the Internet we use industry standard, SSL (secure
socket layer) encryption to protect that information.
- Children. We do not
intend to collect personal information from children under age 13 and
in any event will not do so without the permission of the child's
parent or guardian. Visitors who wish to participate on our Site and
provide personal information indicating that they are under 13 years
of age are required to provide the e-mail address of their parent or
guardian. We then send an e-mail message to that parent or guardian
alerting them to the child's request to participate on our Site, and
we ask for the permission of the parent or guardian. If permission is
not promptly received, we delete all information about that visitor
from our system as quickly as possible. No information collected from
users under the age of 13 is used for any marketing or promotional
Advertisement and Sponsorship Identification
We believe it is important for you to be able to distinguish advertisements from health information. For this reason, advertisements and sponsorships are clearly identified as being separate from consumer health information.